Head of M&A - Renewable Energy, IPP, London, UK
We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) for a leading Renewable Energy IPP based in London. As the Head of M&A, you will be responsible for leading the company's M&A activities, identifying and evaluating acquisition opportunities, and driving strategic growth initiatives in the renewable energy sector.
- Lead and oversee the end-to-end M&A process, including deal origination, due diligence, financial modeling, valuation, negotiations, and transaction execution.
- Develop and implement the company's M&A strategy, aligning it with the organisation's growth objectives and renewable energy investment targets.
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets and partnership opportunities in the renewable energy sector, analyzing market trends, financial performance, and regulatory considerations.
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence on potential targets, assessing financial, legal, technical, and operational aspects to evaluate risks and opportunities.
- Prepare detailed financial models and valuation analyses to support investment decisions and provide recommendations to senior management.
- Negotiate and structure acquisition agreements, manage legal and financial due diligence processes, and coordinate with external advisors to ensure successful deal execution.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including the executive team, legal, finance, and operations, to develop and execute integration plans for acquired assets or businesses.
- Monitor market trends, regulatory developments, and competitive landscape in the renewable energy sector, providing insights and recommendations for strategic decision-making.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry stakeholders, including project developers, financial institutions, and industry associations, to identify potential partnership opportunities and stay updated on market dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, or a related field. An MBA or relevant postgraduate degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in M&A roles within the renewable energy sector, specifically focusing on IPPs.
- Deep knowledge of the renewable energy industry, including solar, wind, and/or other clean energy technologies, as well as an understanding of relevant market dynamics, regulatory frameworks, and industry players.
- Strong financial modelling, valuation, and due diligence skills, with a track record of successfully executing M&A transactions in the renewable energy space.
- Excellent negotiation, contract structuring, and deal execution capabilities, focusing on achieving strategic objectives and maximizing value.
- Exceptional analytical skills and business acumen, with the ability to identify and evaluate investment opportunities, assess risks, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to effectively lead and manage cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts and financial analysis to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to identify market trends, anticipate future opportunities, and contribute to the long-term growth and success of the organisation.
- Collaborative and relationship-driven approach, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with external stakeholders.
Join our client's innovative and fast-growing team and play a pivotal role in driving strategic M&A activities in the renewable energy sector. If you are a results-oriented professional with a passion for renewable energy and a proven track record in executing successful M&A transactions, we invite you to apply for the Head of M&A position. Apply now and be part of a company committed to shaping the future of clean and sustainable energy.
£ 150,000 + Bonus
Information and Application
Published by : EnableGreen ESG and Sustainable Recruitment Agency
Recruiter : Bella Douet
Posted : 10/08/2023
Job-Type : Permanent
Location : London, UK
Job Reference : 157-2023-H
Are you interested in this position? Please apply below.
This role is managed by
EnableGreen ESG & Sustainable Recruitment London Agency
167-169 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PF, United Kingdom
Tel: + 44 208 079 2464