Aligning with the organisation's values, mission, and stakeholders' expectations>
Head of Corporate Social Responsibility Job Description
Head of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a critical leadership role that focuses on developing and implementing sustainable strategies and initiatives within an organisation. The primary mission of this role is to drive positive social and environmental impact, while aligning business practices with the principles of sustainability and corporate citizenship.
1. Strategy Development: Lead the development and execution of the organisation's CSR strategy, ensuring alignment with business goals and industry best practices. Identify areas where the company can make a meaningful impact and drive positive change.
2. Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with internal and external stakeholders, including employees, customers, investors, NGOs, and government agencies, to build collaborative partnerships and drive CSR initiatives. Cultivate strong relationships and ensure effective communication to maximize impact.
3. Sustainability Reporting: Oversee the development and management of sustainability reports, ensuring accurate measurement and transparent reporting of the organisation's CSR efforts. Provide regular updates on key performance indicators and progress towards sustainability goals.
4. Policy Development: Stay abreast of evolving CSR trends, regulations, and industry standards to ensure compliance and proactively identify opportunities for improvement. Develop and implement CSR policies and programs that align with local and international frameworks.
5. Employee Engagement: Foster a culture of sustainability and social responsibility within the organisation. Develop employee engagement programs, promote awareness and education, and encourage employee participation in CSR activities.
Developing and executing a comprehensive CSR strategy>
Sustainability Expertise: In-depth knowledge of sustainability principles, frameworks (such as GRI, SASB, or SDGs), and industry best practices. Proficiency in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics and reporting.
Stakeholder Management: Strong ability to engage and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including internal teams, external partners, and community organisations. Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop and execute long-term CSR strategies that align with business objectives and create sustainable value. Analytical skills to assess the impact of CSR initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
Leadership: Strong leadership and management skills to drive cross-functional teams and inspire others towards a shared vision of sustainability. Ability to influence and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
Collaboration and Relationship Building: Effective collaboration skills to work across departments, engage external partners, and build strong relationships with stakeholders. Strong networking and partnership development skills.
Background and Sectors
The Head of CSR typically holds a bachelor's or master's degree in fields such as sustainability, environmental management, business administration, or related disciplines. Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CSR, sustainability reporting) are beneficial. This role is prominent in various sectors, including but not limited to:
Corporate: Large corporations across industries such as energy, manufacturing, technology, retail, and finance.
Non-profit and NGO: International organisations and non-profits focusing on sustainable development and social impact.
Government and Public Sector: Government agencies driving sustainability initiatives and policy development.
Salary ranges can vary significantly based on factors such as company size, industry, location, and candidate experience. Here's an approximate salary range per annum in USD for the mentioned regions:
UK: $80,000 - $150,000
Middle East: $90,000 - $170,000
Europe: $80,000 - $140,000
US: $100,000 - $180,000
The salary ranges provided are approximate and can vary significantly based on individual circumstances and market conditions.
The Head of Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role in shaping an organisation's sustainability journey, driving positive impact, and building a responsible and purpose-driven brand. With a strong blend of technical expertise, leadership abilities, and stakeholder engagement skills, they have the opportunity to make a significant difference in addressing societal and environmental challenges while enhancing long-term business success.
We help organisations find the most qualified employees for theirsustainability roles, by connecting them with job seekers who have the right skills and mindset for their positions. Our network of job seekers encompasses professionals across all departments and skill sets, with a focus on sustainability. We provide organisations with a comprehensive list of highly qualified applicants, enabling them to make informed decisions when recruiting for these critical roles.