Aligning organisations with sustainable practices>
ESG Strategist Job Description
The ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Strategist plays a pivotal role in shaping and implementing the ESG strategy of an organisation. They are responsible for driving sustainable and responsible business practices, identifying ESG risks and opportunities, and ensuring compliance with ESG regulations and reporting requirements. The ESG Strategist works closely with cross-functional teams, senior management, and external stakeholders to integrate ESG considerations into business operations and promote long-term value creation.
1. Develop and implement the organisation's ESG strategy, aligning it with corporate goals and industry best practices.
2. Conduct comprehensive ESG risk assessments and materiality analyses to identify key environmental, social, and governance issues.
3. Collaborate with internal teams to establish clear ESG objectives and metrics to measure progress and performance.
4. Engage with senior management to drive awareness and understanding of ESG principles and their impact on the organisation's reputation and financial performance.
5. Ensure compliance with relevant ESG regulations, standards, and reporting frameworks, such as GRI, SASB, and TCFD.
6. Conduct ESG research and analysis to identify emerging trends, benchmark against peers, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
7. Collaborate with investors, regulators, and other external stakeholders to address ESG-related inquiries and provide transparent disclosure of ESG initiatives. 8. Support the development of ESG-related communications, reports, and disclosures for internal and external stakeholders.
Integrating sustainability principles and practices into an organisation's operations>
Strong understanding of ESG principles, sustainability frameworks, and industry-specific ESG issues.
Proficiency in ESG reporting standards and frameworks, such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, and UN SDGs.
Experience in conducting ESG risk assessments and materiality analyses.
Familiarity with ESG data and information sources, sustainability indices, and ratings agencies.
Data analysis and quantitative skills to measure and track ESG performance indicators.
Knowledge of relevant ESG regulations, guidelines, and reporting requirements.
Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively convey ESG strategies and initiatives to diverse stakeholders.
Strong leadership and collaboration abilities to work with cross-functional teams and drive change.
Analytical and critical thinking skills to identify ESG risks, opportunities, and innovative solutions.
Relationship-building skills to engage with investors, regulators, and external partners on ESG matters.
Ethical and principled mindset with a passion for sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
Background and Sectors
ESG Strategists often possess a combination of the following qualifications and experiences:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field such as sustainability, environmental studies, business, or finance.
Professional certifications such as CFA, CSR-P, or sustainability-related certifications are advantageous.
Prior experience in ESG strategy, sustainability consulting, corporate social responsibility, or related fields.
Knowledge of specific sectors such as finance, energy, technology, consumer goods, or healthcare, with an understanding of sector-specific ESG issues.
The salary range for ESG Strategists varies based on experience, location, and organisation size. Here is an approximate salary range in US dollars for different regions:
United Kingdom: $70,000 - $120,000 per year
Middle East: $80,000 - $150,000 per year
Europe: $70,000 - $120,000 per year
United States: $80,000 - $150,000 per year
The salary ranges provided are approximate and can vary significantly based on individual circumstances and market conditions.
As ESG considerations continue to gain prominence in the business world, the role of ESG Strategist becomes increasingly vital. ESG Strategists serve as catalysts for change, driving organisations to embrace sustainability, manage risks, and create long-term value.
We help organisations find the most qualified employees for theirsustainability roles, by connecting them with job seekers who have the right skills and mindset for their positions. Our network of job seekers encompasses professionals across all departments and skill sets, with a focus on sustainability. We provide organisations with a comprehensive list of highly qualified applicants, enabling them to make informed decisions when recruiting for these critical roles.