Climate and ESG Governance Lead/Director, Banking, London, UK
Our client, a large banking institution renowned for its commitment to sustainability and responsible investment practices, seeks a highly skilled and experienced professional to take on the role of Climate and ESG Governance Lead. This is a key Director level position, primarily responsible for guiding UK Boards and management teams in defining and delivering their climate and ESG agendas. The role is pivotal in ensuring our business operations and client considerations align with ever-evolving regulatory requirements, particularly concerning the climate risk implementation agenda for the UK.
- Climate and ESG Strategy: Lead the development and execution of climate and ESG strategies across our UK entities, ensuring alignment with global objectives and compliance with local and international regulations.
- Regulatory Alignment: Keep abreast of evolving regulatory requirements, translating them into actionable plans for our UK entities and ensuring compliance with these standards.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage potential climate and ESG risks, developing robust risk mitigation strategies and response plans.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with various business functions to embed climate and ESG considerations into all aspects of our operations, driving business transformation towards sustainable practices.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with internal and external stakeholders, promoting transparency and fostering strong relationships based on trust and mutual understanding.
- Reporting: Oversee the production of regular reports on the progress of climate and ESG initiatives for the UK Boards, management, and external stakeholders.
- Strong Leadership Skills: Proven ability to lead teams and drive cross-enterprise projects/programmes to successful completion.
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrated proficiency in managing stakeholders at various levels within and outside the organisation.
- Team Player: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop meaningful relationships across different functions.
- Data Management: Ability to collaborate with Climate Risk, ESG/ Sustainability, Operations&Technology, Risk and Banking partners to adapt data to UK legal entity needs, particularly in conducting loan portfolio screening.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze data and interpret evolving regulatory frameworks.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Keen interest in understanding and staying updated with developments in the field of climate risk.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing. Proficiency in facilitating discussions and writing reports.
- Self-Starter: Ability to independently navigate the organisation, with guidance from senior leadership, and take ownership of various aspects of projects or initiatives.
- Energy and Enthusiasm: Passionate about climate risk and ESG, and eager to make a positive impact.
- Networking Skills: Ability to connect and collaborate with climate risk peers both within the organisation (GPA, front line teams, etc.) and externally.
- Time Management Skills: Proven ability to prioritize tasks, juggle multiple responsibilities at once, and work under tight deadlines.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Exceptional ability to identify challenges, seek out answers, and develop innovative solutions.
- Technical Proficiency: Ability to understand technical implications of system design and quickly master new concepts and requirements.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, who is not afraid to challenge processes and is committed to driving the company's climate and ESG initiatives forward. If you have a strong affinity with the topic and are ready to make a significant impact, we encourage you to apply.
Information and Application
Published by : EnableGreen ESG and Sustainable Recruitment Agency
Recruiter : Bella Douet
Posted : 10/08/2023
Job-Type : Permanent
Location : London, UK
Job Reference : 158-2023-H
Are you interested in this position? Please apply below.
This role is managed by
EnableGreen ESG & Sustainable Recruitment London Agency
167-169 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PF, United Kingdom
Tel: + 44 208 079 2464